Are Hybrid Work Models Here to Stay?
Thursday, Aug 19, 2021
Registration now open!
- Zoom Webinar
- 1PM ET
It’s clear that the pandemic has accelerated trends around the future of work that were nascent pre-pandemic, and are now being implemented, so it seems, with intensity and speed never imagined before. In particular, the “hybrid work models”, a (possibly) mandated combination of remote-from-home and in-the-office work that allows the employer to reduce office space seems to be the most common and obvious adjustment to new work models. But are all employers ready to jump ship onto the new hybrid wave, or are some operating under the assumption that this is a temporary solution, and that business as usual – all-hands-on-office-desks – will return in a post-pandemic economy? With our panel of HR executives and experts from the industry and academia on both sides of the Atlantic, we will be discussing the following questions:
– What do we know about the advantages of hybrid work, and what are the disadvantages?
– Are international companies implementing hybrid models across their locations or are there regional differences?
– How are HR executives viewing this trend?
– What are the greater organizational, societal, and economic implications?
- Florian Mezger, Head of Shared Services North America, ZEISS Group
- Susan Whitlock, Head of HR, Siemens Smart Infrastructure
- Sabine Remdisch, Professor (Personal- und Organisationspsychologie) Leuphana Universität (Germany) & visiting researcher in Stanford (USA)
Format: Virtual Panel Discussion
Platform: Zoom Webinar
Length: One hour
Date: Thursday, August 19th, 10AM PT | 1PM ET | 7PM CET
When registering, you will automatically receive an email with the Zoom webinar link. Please check your Spamfilter in case you don’t see it right away.
Susan Whitlock, Head of HR, Siemens Smart Infrastructure US
Susan joined Siemens in 2001 as a Human Resources Consultant. Since then she has held many different roles in the US HR organization in both a strategic and operational capacity. In December 2020, Susan was named the Human Resources Head for Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) in the US. With close to 13,000 employees and annual revenues of several-billion dollars, SI delivers building IoT, automation, fire safety, security, energy, low and medium voltage and smart grid solutions as well as control components to the U.S. commercial, industrial and utility markets.
Prior to joining Siemens, Susan also worked in the not-for-profit and government sectors. She is a graduate of Villanova University and resides in Atlanta, GA.
Florian Mezger, Head of HR North America | Head of Shared Services, ZEISS Group
Sabine Remdisch, Professor, Leuphana University, Lüneburg/Germany | Visiting Researcher H-Star Institute, Stanford University
This event is a cooperation between