How we work with companies:
We host a deep-dive meeting with each company to drill down on team, product, market, regulatory strategy, value creation, etc. Based on the deep-dive meeting, we define together, with the company, work streams and milestones and execute them.
We assign a tandem composed of a senior strategist and a project manager (Program Director) to every company. In addition, through our extensive network, we identify additional mentors with relevant expertise in the respective industry segments.
With this support model, we enable companies to achieve ambitious objectives within accelerated timelines.
GALS has an opening for a Program Director to join the team in Germany. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying high-potential companies and facilitating exceptional support of portfolio companies. The Program Director will report to the GALS Vice President Germany.
You will benefit by:
- Working side by side with accomplished entrepreneurs and industry leaders to foster the success of German life science companies in the U.S. market
- Creating impact by coaching leadership teams to help them navigate challenges
- Learning how to build successful life science companies on a global level
- Delivering results in a highly energetic, informal environment that thrives on creative chaos
- Contributing to bringing new therapies to market and improving the health of patients
- Lead execution of work streams and coordinate engagement of mentors with companies to ensure that milestones are reached and objectives achieved within defined timelines
- Support the systematic screening/scouting of the German life sciences ecosystem and identify potential program candidates
- Participate in the evaluation of potential portfolio companies and support due diligence activities prior to acceptance of companies into the program
- Identify, engage, and recruit mentors and advisors for new portfolio companies across a wide range of sectors within medical innovation
- Coordinate and prepare regular update meetings and calls with portfolio companies and mentors, record minutes, and follow-up on action items. Connect portfolio companies with relevant contacts within the GALS network and the wider innovation ecosystem
- 3+ years of experience in consulting and/or project management in medical innovation
- A solid understanding of the life sciences innovation process and landscape based on hands-on experience in either academia or industry
- PhD in biology, physics, or engineering preferred; experience in business or consulting desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Passion, a positive attitude, humility, and integrity
- Mission-driven, self-directed, and an excellent team player
Preferred start date 1st of October, 2018. Please submit your application (cover letter, including your salary expectations, and CV) via email by August 31, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct questions to (only questions – no applications):
Stefan B. Beerhalter