Goethe-Institut Boston seeks Language Program Coordinator
The Goethe-Institut is the world-wide cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its mission is to foster knowledge of the German language abroad as well as international cultural cooperation. In addition, we also offer a broad perspective on Germany through information on the cultural, social and political life of our country. The Goethe-Institut Boston (founded 1967) is responsible for all of New England and works in cooperation with renowned local universities and numerous other organizations both in Boston and in surrounding areas.
The Goethe-Institut Boston is currently seeking applicants for the role of Language Program Coordinator to work on a 30 hour per week basis with the possibility of an immediate start for the right candidate. The exact starting date will be discussed during the interview.
Our remuneration policy is based on the applicable framework outlined in the statutory provisions of Massachusetts state law. Please note that the Goethe-Institut Boston will only accept applications from individuals who are already in possession of a valid work permit for the United States.
- Provide information and advice about language course offerings at the Goethe-Institut Boston and language course programs in Germany
- Administer student enrollment and exam registration procedures (this further includes collecting tuition fees and maintaining the language course database)
- Perform general administrative tasks of the language course office (e.g. issue certificates, manage e-mail and phone correspondence in English and in German, prepare fiscal reports on the language course program)
- Maintain and update the website (where applicable or where content relevant to language course program)
- Assist with promotional activities (e.g. Open House, Immersion Days)
- Participate in the planning and coordination of the language course program
- Collaborate with the teaching staff at the Goethe-Institut Boston
- Valid US work permit
- College degree applicants preferred (at least B.A.-level or equivalent)
- High degree of flexibility, resilience and customer-orientation
- Experienced team player and efficient working style
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Very good command of English and German (in written and spoken form)
- Familiarity with computer programs such as MS Office, administrative tools and basic bookkeeping knowledge
- Previous experience with social media, content management systems and software managing skills a plus
- Willingness to work on Saturdays and weeknights where applicable or necessary (e.g. when assisting with the execution of course completion functions)
Our ideal candidate will exhibit a high degree of organizational skills and is able to work independently as well as part of a team. Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Please send your application to:
Christine Möller-Sahling, PhD
Language Program Director