Fraunhofer CSE seeks Grants and Contracts Manager (Boston)
The Fraunhofer USA Inc.’s Center for Sustainable Energy Systems (CSE) is looking for a Grants and Contracts Manager. You will provide the Principal Investigators at Fraunhofer CSE with the support to develop and submit outstanding proposals, and to perform research, development and demonstration projects which help our clients to stay at the cutting edge in the sustainable energy field. Reporting to the Center’s Executive Director, you will be responsible for the full range of contracts and grants management of our contract R&D organization, including pre- and post-award support for research projects sponsored by industry and a variety of governmental organizations. This includes developing budgets, financial tracking, subcontracting research partners, ensuring compliance, managing intellectual property, and negotiating licenses. You’ll be part of the leadership team of a dynamic, interdisciplinary organization with a shared commitment to engineering excellence and excitement about sustainable energy technology, located in the Boston Seaport District.
- Work closely with about 10 Principal Investigators.
- Manage commercial R&D contracts from proposal preparation, contract execution, oversight of contractual obligations during program execution, through project close-out.
- Manage state and federal governmental grants and contracts; including proposal submission, contract and subcontract execution, and close-out. Ensure compliance with policies and regulations.
- Generate and execute subawards, contractor agreements, and interinstitutional agreements.
- Support contractual and financial reporting as required.
- Collaborate with subrecipients and pass-through entities to execute contractual documents (Intellectual Property Management Plans, Data Management Plans, post-award close-out documents).
- Provide oversight of contractual deadlines and deliverables, ensuring performance standards and milestones are met and in-line with client expectations.
- Monitor, analyze and reconcile project budgets and expenditures.
- Establish systems and procedures to meet current and projected needs, while working with research groups in a consultative and supportive role.
- Provide guidance to staff on contractual terms and conditions, policy formulation, IP terms, budget forecasting and risk management as it relates to contractual agreements.
- Coordinate work with Fraunhofer CSE administrative staff, offsite Fraunhofer USA accounting department, and outside legal counsel.
- Supervise part-time contract administrator.
Required Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience managing University or non-profit research contracts and sponsored research grants
- BS/BA degree is required, Masters is a plus. Degree in Science or Engineering preferred
- Familiarity with DoD, NSF, DOE and other grants and contracts
- Familiarity with Uniform Guidance 2 CFR 200 regulations
- Contracting experience with commercial entities preferred
- Familiarity with patent prosecution and licensing
- High proficiency in Excel and good understanding of accounting principles
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, collaborative, and deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of external customers and internal stakeholders
Fraunhofer USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities and is a Federal Contractor.
About Fraunhofer CSE:
The Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems (CSE) in Boston, MA is a leading applied contract research and development laboratory supporting our society with the transition to a sustainable energy future. We invent and develop technologies that remove barriers to the large-scale commercialization of sustainable energy technologies. Fraunhofer CSE is part of Fraunhofer USA, a 501(c)(3) non-profit contract R&D organization, affiliated with Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, Europe’s largest contract R&D group. Our interdisciplinary R&D team is dedicated to serving the applied research needs of the sustainable energy industry, helping established industry players and startup companies alike develop clean energy technologies from the laboratory to the production line. The Center has active development projects in the areas of building energy technologies, advanced building enclosures, photovoltaic technologies, and grid impact of renewable energy technologies. We are located at the Fraunhofer “Living Laboratory” in the Boston Seaport District.
Apply at http://www.hirebridge.com/v3/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?cid=6608&jid=472873&locvalue=1082#.WtiUmcgpBTY